Our 201 Enthusiast detailing day was created for the hyper-enthusiast who wants to correct and enhance their own vehicle, rather than just care for it. If you’ve attended our 101 Enthusiast, you’re all covered skills-wise for the prior knowledge element, but for all others to benefit from this event you will need a solid knowledge of preparation work and wash procedure, as this is mostly focused on what comes after – namely paint correction. During the day we will be covering:
- Compound types and chemistry.
- Paint types and how to approach them.
- Pre-work decon wash, including clay and clay pads, decon pros/cons.
- Masking and surface protection tips.
- Lighting and inspection technique.
- Machine work, including Dual Action and Forced Rotation polishers, to correct and enhance the paint surface.
- Deeper defect removal, scratch hand sanding.
- Coatings, including ceramic and polymer, and their application.
- The day concludes with a Q&A session with a walk around your vehicles to advise on any issues.
This is quite an intense enthusiast detailing day, as we are trying to fit so much in, so we will be running from 9.30 am until 16:00 with a break for lunch. The day is for one person exclusively, so your course will be tailored to your own knowledge and will progress at your own pace.
You will have hands-on experience all day and will be working your way through all steps of a full correction, it will then be up to you to build on the knowledge you have gained by practising on your own vehicle, with ongoing support if needed.
The course is run from our fully equipped studio in the heart of Gloucestershire, with easy access to the M4/M5, and under an hour and a half to the M25.