Our one-day introduction to machine polishing for professionals course is ideal for those who have either;
- Have never needed to pick up a machine before
- Have always used only one type of machine
- Have restricted themselves to entry-level machines and basic techniques, and are now looking to upgrade or improve on a specific style; be it rotary, long throw DA or forced drive.
Machines covered on these days could include the Rupes LHR 15/21, Flex XFE, XCE, rotary machines from sleek Flex PE14, through to heavier Makita models, and a further selection from over 23 machines we hold in-house or any machine you choose to bring yourself – just let us know on the day what you would prefer to concentrate on.
For those already holding some experience who want to try their hand with different machines whilst improving overall techniques we also run this as a one-day Intermediate course with Flex, or for an overview of several machine types you can look at our Advanced Machine Polishing course over two days.
Introduction to Machine Polishing doesn’t just concentrate on the hardware though. Also covered in the course are:
- Surface defects and contamination.
- Efficiency and productivity methods.
- Preparation and decontamination stages.
- “Reading” the paint.
- Defect identification.
- Paint thickness measurements using Magnetic Resonance, Eddy Current, and Ultrasonic gauges.
- The “Polish/Don’t Polish” decision.
- Introduction to Pad and Compound types and selection.
- Finishing techniques.
- Dressing, Sealant/Wax choices, and presentation.
- Health and Safety
The aim of this course is to make you comfortable with using a machine polisher style over a range of scenarios, to enable you to further practice and perfect the technique required for full competency.