Professional Motorcycle Detailing Group Day – Discount available for PVD/IDA Members with your code.
Designed specifically for established Professional Detailers, this group course will give you the best practice knowledge and skills required to perform in-depth detailing and related work on motorcycles.
As this relies on prior basic knowledge, you will need, as a minimum, to have achieved UKDA Level 1 in Car Detailing, or have been trading in the industry for a minimum of 2 years. You are not required to hold a Motorbike Licence as no riding will be taking place and all training vehicles will be provided for you.
- Health & Safety
- How to market as a Motorcycle Detailer
- Safe handling of motorcycles – side/centre stands, paddock stands, jacking
- Assessment of motorbike condition
- Cleaning, decontamination & preparatory work of the tank, fairings, screen and exposed surfaces: Washing processes, Pre wash & snow foam, acids and alkalis, fallout removers and in-depth cleaning practices
- Cleaning, decontamination & preparatory work of wheels
- Suspension, running gear, swing arm and fork degreasing and cleaning
- Safe fairing panel removal
- Engine cleaning
- Chain and sprockets inspection, cleaning and re-lubrication
- Paintwork inspection and defect identification
- Introduction to small-area machine polishing equipment
- Perspex polishing
- Paint, plastic, wheel, metal, chrome, anodised, powder coat and anti-corrosion protection options
- Helmet and visor care