Enthusiast Classic Car detailer training.
The perfect course for classic car care enthusiasts who have a passion for keeping their vintage cherished vehicle in peak cosmetic condition, and who want to further their knowledge of detailing with a slant towards the classic end of the market.
The course will guide the attendee through best practice processes of safe washing, decontamination, inspection, paint protection and preservation, mild paint correction, leather, plastics and vinyl care, and discuss/apply the various protection options on offer including paint type suitability.
• Assessment of vehicle exterior & interior inspection.
• Cleaning, decontamination & preparatory work of the vehicle body: Washing processes, Pre wash & snow foam, multi bucket methods, acids and alkalis, fallout removers and in-depth cleaning practices. Use of low water, less invasive wash methods and drying techniques
• Cleaning, decontamination & preparatory work of alloy, steel and wire wheels.
• Paintwork inspection using lighting techniques, depth gauges, and visual cues. Identifying paint types and areas of concern, and how to address them.
• Engine bay cleaning and steaming, what chemicals can be used where, brightwork and bare metal care, what can you safely clean?
• Practical overview of machine polisher ranges and their usage.
• Practical overview of various polishing compounds and pad combinations.
• Paintwork and Wheel protection options and application technique.
• Glass cleansing and protection practical overview.
• Detailing tips and tricks to give you the best results.
You will have hands on experience starting from the very beginning and working your way through all steps of a full enhancement detail, it will then be up to you to build on the knowledge you have gained by practicing on your own vehicle, with ongoing support.
The course is run from our fully equipped studio in the heart of Gloucestershire, with easy access to the M4/M5, and under an hour and a half to the M25.