Brake caliper painting is a popular add-on service to any detail, ticking another box on the customer’s route to perfection.
Whether it’s a simple tidy-up in silver to revive rusty bare metal or a complete colour change on a set of 6 pot race calipers, the job is one which can be tackled by most detailers and valeters.
This course shows you how; tackling the fundamental safety and setup knowledge to work on vehicle brake systems in the e most efficient way, removal of component parts prior to painting, preparation, finishing and refitting for all common brake setups – including electronic handbrakes – with some notable uncommon ones too. Foliatec is probably one of the world’s best-known names for aftermarket styling. Their consumer range has for years dominated auto factors, and with their new professional range of caliper paints, together with UK Detailing Academy, they will take you through all the steps necessary for a perfect finish which you can then market to your customers under the “Foliatec Professional” branding.
On the course, topics covered will include:
- Jacking, working conditions, preparation, and pre-inspection.
- Common disassembly methods, pad removal, sensor removal, pre masking preparation.
- Brake condition inspection and assessment.
- Caliper winding tools and use of diagnostic equipment to operate electronic handbrakes.
- Preparation, corrosion, masking and cleaning.
- Multi-stage paint application by spray and brush.
- Hub and shield revival.
- Refitting and testing brakes
- Decal application and stencilling by airbrush.
You will leave the day with a complimentary caliper paint kit for you to practice on your own vehicle, Foliatec professional branding for your business, marketing material and the skills to safely and successfully carry out caliper painting as part of your business.
The course runs as a full day with lunch included, and all relevant PPE will be provided as part of the course.