Introduction to Machine Polishing – Professional
Lasts 2 days.
Machine Polishing Course (Introductory)
Our introduction to machine polishing for professionals course is ideal for those professionals who have never needed to pick up a machine before, or have perhaps restricted themselves to entry level machines and are now looking to upgrade. Machines covered on these days will include DAS6-Pro+ / Rupes LHR 12ES “Duetto” / Rupes LHR 15/21 / Flex XFE, XCE, PXE and VRG
For those already holding some experience who want to try their hand with different machines whilst improving overall techniques we also run this as a one day Intermediate course.
An introduction to Machine Polishing doesnt just cover the hardware though. Also covered in the course are:
- Surface defects and contamination.
- Efficiency and productivity methods.
- Preparation and decontamination stages.
- “Reading” the paint.
- Defect identification.
- Paint thickness measurements using Magnetic Resonance, Eddy Current and Ultrasonic gauges.
- The “Polish/Don’t Polish” decision.
- Introduction to Pad and Compound types and selection.
- Finishing techniques.
- Dressing, Sealant/Wax choices and presentation.
- Health and safety